Accountable To: Regional Sales Manager
Primary Objective of Position: To provide relief to area technicians who are responsible for sales and artificial insemination service to dairy and beef producers to further the reproductive efficiency and genetic development of the producer’s herd. To further develop sales, service and reproductive management skills and knowledge to enhance student’s industry experience and marketability.
This position will give the intern excellent all-around knowledge of the A.I. industry. Time will be spent learning several aspects of the business. This will include a 4-day orientation at Select Sires, time in the field with our sales team and mating specialist.
Major Areas of Responsibility – Working with Employed Technician staff to:
- Provide daily technician arm service in the specified area. Organize, schedule, and serve call-in requests along with the regular stops in a timely and efficient manner.
- Further develop and grow the customer base by providing sales and service contacts in conjunction with the District Sales Manager.
- Serve as the everyday COBA presence in the area.
- Manage semen and herd management product inventories.
- Be open to assisting with other responsibilities and tasks that come about from time to time as requested by the marketing department and management.
Must be in good standing with the University that they are enrolled in. This will be determined by their advisor.
Artificial insemination experience and agricultural background.
Have a willingness to learn new skills, good organizational and time management skills, and must be self-starting and a strong communicator.
Must be available to travel within the Ohio and Western Pennsylvania areas and provide your own vehicle that is approved by supervisor prior to accepting position.
Compensation: Per day rate, mileage and travel expenses.
Interested parties please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, 2021.