Goal: To provide a wide range of exposure to all facets of the cooperative business of COBA/Select Sires. To assist in promotion of cooperative as it functions and supports the agricultural industry in our service territory. To expose students to all facets of the business including communications, marketing, technician work, cattle evaluation and sales. To provide assistance to the communications and marketing staff as they support all field activities.
- Organize and fulfill the weekly route mailings for sales personnel.
- Help design print advertisements and route inserts to support the weekly route mailings.
- Newsletter support including photography, interviewing, writing and story ideas.
- Ride with and support activities of District Sales Managers, Select Reproductive Specialists, Select Mating Specialists, and Reproductive Services Client Managers.
- Help in development and maintenance of website.
- Assist with mailing/shipping information to all internal and external customers.
- Operate all office machines, copier, folder/inserter, postage machine etc.
- Assist with semen packing and invoicing as requested.
- Provide phone relief to the Receptionist/Marketing Assistant as needed.
- Promote and represent COBA at industry functions including Ohio State Fair, trade shows, farm tours, industry meetings.
- Any other duties as requested by the Administrative Director for the needs of the cooperative.
Hours: Candidate is expected in person at the Columbus office location for the normal business hours from 8:00 am to 4:45 pm, schedule set in conjunction with the Administrative Director. Travel within COBA’s northern service area to include some overnight will be expected.
Compensation: Hourly wage plus expenses of corporate travel and expenses for requested duties.
Reports to: Administrative Director
Successful candidate should have knowledge of dairy/beef industries, proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite with strong written and oral communication skills. Internship is based at the Columbus, Ohio office. Please send application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.